Saturday, July 29, 2006

 

A trip to chapters followed by a night out...

My awesome *and generous* mom took me & the kids to Chapters to buy us a book to celebrate our haircuts (no kidding...it really seemed to matter to her!). I like going to Chapters, but probably a little less than the average person though, because of working at the library..and their "new book" display is far from accurate...(they had a lot of 2005's displayed)...

I poked around the travel section for awhile & chose a book on Iceland that I can bring with me. The Rough Guide to Iceland. It's little & has a little phrase book section, so it will be helpful but not cumbersome on the trip. I'm so glad I got a sense of adventure out of the breakup. That was an unexpected bonus. That would be the Powers That Be cranking a window after slamming a door. Might as well come out of these things a little bit improved. The alternative is all too alluring.

So now I've decided I want to see puffins and whales while I'm there. Also, I'd like to visit the public library and maybe try to score a borrower's card :) (imagine the late fees?). There's a place called Culture House that looks intriguing. A lot of history/culture/artefacts all in one place. On such a short trip, all in one places have added appeal! :)

Oh & then the night out. My friends Tracy & Sue invited me out and complained that I haven't been updating my blog enough lately. So this one's for you, guys! Played 2 games of pool...haven't played pool in years. It showed.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]