Thursday, July 13, 2006
Home sweet home!!!!




The nicest thing about sleeping in a trailer for 5 days is how big your house feels when you get home! Did we ever stretch out! I called a Silence Time and everyone slept really well in their own beds.
Now I have Oreo home for a week. Walking the 3 dogs is fun, let me tell ya.
As for running. It looks like I am in fact dumbing it down to the 10 km race in Iceland. I have had to acknowledge that my injury, while mysterious, is in fact an honest to god injury...not just a stiffness from overuse. All week in Sunny Southampton, I waddled like a duck and kept sucking back the Advil like my life depended on them. So I'll cycle & walk & just generally keep the cardio up and take it as it comes. Which is my Life Motto anyway....or one of them.
As promised, some pictures from the holiday. The bench is my sister's memorial bench. We had many wonderful summers in Southampton growing up. I can count the number of times I've been up since her death on one hand...in fact, it's very hard going up. Bitter sweet memories. But I've decided she wouldn't be impressed with that & I'm going to make a point of getting over that particular sadness. Wish me luck.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
