Thursday, June 08, 2006

 

Would it kill me to skip a snack???

I'm debating trying to lose 10 lbs before the marathon. I keep going on and on (i'm even boring to myself) about how my "runner's appetite" prohibits me from calorie restrictions. I can't pass a Tim Horton's without driving through for an iced cappuccino and now Mandy from work has introduced me to having them made with chocolate milk (thanks Mandy).

So I'm not going to go all Weight Watchers or anything (just the thought of it brings burning tears to my eyes) but maybe I should skip a snack here and there, stop running up to Rob's place for a drumstick, stop being incapable of hearing the word "chocolate" without having to drop everything and go get me some.

I am thinking that if I'm 10 lbs lighter it might be that much easier to get through the marathon. Maybe that's the real reason most runners are so thin...it's not that they naturally lose weight, but that they realize they're the ones who have to carry it across the finish line?

Hmmm something to think about...while I sip my cappuccino:)

Almost forget to update on my running!!! I ran the waterfront today, after dropping off the kids. At about 3 kms my watch started to run out of battery juice...first the GPS signal went, then the distance went wonky, and then the timer stopped and then the power went out altogether. Strangely, as it died, I started going slower and slower until I was nearly out of batteries myself. But I snapped to it and finished, but of course I have no idea how long it took me or exactly how far I went. Hopefully close to 8 km in a decent time. Talk about using an electronic device as a crutch! I'd better make sure it's all powered up for Iceland.

ALSO I forgot to mention that when I was listening to 99.9 "The Mix" yesterday, Maura Grierson (radio host), was talking about training for Iceland! I quickly emailed a high-five, me-too email to Maura :) The team is coming to life as I meet people from all over, both online and in real life. This is the fun part (not the running!) :)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]