Sunday, June 04, 2006

 

A wonderful wander-run...

I had a course all set out, courtesy of mapmyrun.com but then I remembered that I'd done hills this week and my legs were still feeling it. So instead, I just wander-ran in an easterly direction until I hit 11.5 km and then turned around and wander-ran back.

I found the cutest little neighbourhood east of Sir Wintson Churchill highschool that after all these years in Hamilton, I never knew existed! I didn't take the stupid fanny pack, instead Rob & I rigged up a pouch to hang off my watch which perfectly held my gel packs for snacks. And I carried a water bottle and filled it up twice at convenience stores.

My overall time was 2 hours and 43 minutes which puts me at an average pace of 7:08 which is bang on EXACTLY what the training schedule says to aim for in my training bracket. That's a fluke, incidentally, but a fluke I can live with :)

No obvious soreness or stiffness. I gave myself a good stretch after and feel like I could go back out and do it again. Ok, maybe not.

I wonder if it was taking 2 advils before setting out that improved the run?? (this advice was from a runner I met at music night...thank you Marcy!)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]