Sunday, June 11, 2006

 

West end girl

Today was 26 km day. I came in just shy of that, but does anyone know how hard it is to run around in circles near your car (or house) making up a tiny end piece of run? It takes more willpower than I have. Like I told Julie & John, those slight miscalculations are gifts from God.

Thank you, Julie & John (fellow Team Diabetes runners) for a great run around Toronto waters and paths. Julie your route showed me parts of Toronto I've never seen, when I lived in TO I was a west end girl. Hmm and in Hamilton I'm a west end girl.

And thank you Julie for reminding me to take it easy & stretch before getting in the car. Wouldn't want to seize up on the QEW...eeek! I'm slower than the average runner but I get the job done. I feel good about today's run even though I know I slowed my companions down.

PS...recovery time is getting faster. I'm a tiny bit stiff...& I'm not thrilled that the rest of the day is busy, I would rather lay around doing nothing...BUT I'm not as stiff as I've been after other long runs.

PSS...apologies to the poor woman at the Pizza Pizza I stopped at to get a drink. In trasferring it from generic bottle to my handy contraption bottle, I spilled it all over the counter and I admit that I sort of had to leave it for her to clean up. I felt badly about that. Very clutzy sometimes.

Ok...much later update: I spoke too soon about the recovery time!!! All afternoon I've been not so much stiff (though there is that) but sort of shocked. Shaky, feverish, clammy -- flu-like. That's never happened before...wonder what it was?

Comments:
Hi Julie!
Cute :) I'm doing well. I was just really tired last night after a busy day & didn't get to to the blog :)
I was over the shakies by bedtime Sunday & this morning, no stiffness left. Just in time for a new week of running! :)
Jenny
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]