Friday, June 23, 2006
Success!!!
I went to physio first thing this morning & spent ages telling my physio-doc all about the specific nature of the pain. I really have a hard time describing pain, it moves around shapeshifting, even as I try to get a handle on it. So I tried my best. He ended up calling "the boss" who had a much gentler & very healing touch. She closed her eyes while she was going over my muscles, it almost felt like a massage. Anyway, she noticed that the right knee pain is resulting from left hip upslip. Or some such thing. Whatev...
So I learned the stretches really well & was told that I should warm up for awhile and then stretch every time I run. I actually paid attention to the stretches and felt each stretch (didn't just hold the pose pretending to get it like I usually do).
...and then I felt like I could run so I did & it was great. It hurt a little here and there but I felt like my muscles were lining up to work it all out. I ran for a full 5 1/2 kms and then stretched again. It adds a lot of time to the run to stretch that much, but obviously it's important. Hmph.
Yay!
So I learned the stretches really well & was told that I should warm up for awhile and then stretch every time I run. I actually paid attention to the stretches and felt each stretch (didn't just hold the pose pretending to get it like I usually do).
...and then I felt like I could run so I did & it was great. It hurt a little here and there but I felt like my muscles were lining up to work it all out. I ran for a full 5 1/2 kms and then stretched again. It adds a lot of time to the run to stretch that much, but obviously it's important. Hmph.
Yay!
Comments:
<< Home
Thanks for encouragement, Julie! You're my most faithful blog reader, I'm sure! :)
I might not be up for a run with you, i'd slow you down too much. soon maybe :)
Post a Comment
I might not be up for a run with you, i'd slow you down too much. soon maybe :)
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

