Tuesday, June 27, 2006

 

SPEEDY GONZALES IS BACK...

The physio was puzzling again. Physio-doc did the typical painful adjusting, and seemed puzzled by my "case". On the gym side, Anna (don't know what her job title is) asked lots of questions and watched my stretching technique (ha) and surmised that I should concentrate on the push off when I'm running, rather than the landing.

I thought...5 physio appointments & I get a visualization technique? GREAT. But I disguised my irritation, and left the office in a funk.

Dropped Chloe off after lunch and went for a jog. Decided to do what Anna said -- couldn't hurt, right? OMG what a difference! Its true! If I concentrate the energy on the landing, I'm clenching up, expecting pain and running like a shrivel. If I concentrate on the push off, I feel stronger, the stride is longer and the landing is more natural. I ran 6 km in 35 minutes....faster than before my injury!!!! I don't know if that technique will see me through a long run, or through the marathon. but at this point, it's ONE RUN AT A TIME!!!!!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]