Saturday, June 10, 2006
Saturday stretching before me...
The kids are going on an overnight trip to their Aunt Vera's. It's always an echoey feeling in the house when they're gone. I think I'm gonna party, whoop it up, have friends over (as if the kids are actually my parents) but in the end, I just get lonely/antsy. It's just soo quiet (even with the dogs, the cats, the phone always ringing etc).
I have to run a measly 6 km today. It is a gorgeous day for it. Hopefully tomorrow will be the same. Sunny but cool and light wind. Tomorrow's run in Toronto with Julie and other Team Diabetes participants will be 26 km! (the more the merrier, email me or Julie for info).
Yesterday my 92 yr old grandpa called me to see how the training was going. He asked me if I'm a hopeful. A what? A hopeful. Well, I'm not a no-hoper but what do you mean? Do you think you'll win the marathon? That kind of faith in the remotest of possibilities can only be found in a grandparent.... :) Anyway, looking at photographs from past Reykjavik marathons, I'm pretty confident that I'm NOT a hopeful. I could spend all day looking at pictures of finish lines. It's amazing how people look when they cross. The emotion, the pain, the exhilaration, the dropping to the knees, the hands reaching up to heaven, the tears, the laughter, the hugs and the high-fives. I wonder how I'll be? I'll probably just be yellin' for someone to throw me a donut!
For fun, if you have a little extra time on your hands, go to FutureMe and write a letter to yourself to be delivered in the future (like after the race!) Be sure to browse the public letters. They are so funny! It's amazing what people choose to remind their future selves of. Like what music they're listening to. What girl they're obsessed with. What goal they're putting off achieving. It's a clever idea for a website. My letter to older-jenny will be delivered in 2011. I wrote it on New Year's Eve, when I tend towards nostalgia the most.
I have to run a measly 6 km today. It is a gorgeous day for it. Hopefully tomorrow will be the same. Sunny but cool and light wind. Tomorrow's run in Toronto with Julie and other Team Diabetes participants will be 26 km! (the more the merrier, email me or Julie for info).
Yesterday my 92 yr old grandpa called me to see how the training was going. He asked me if I'm a hopeful. A what? A hopeful. Well, I'm not a no-hoper but what do you mean? Do you think you'll win the marathon? That kind of faith in the remotest of possibilities can only be found in a grandparent.... :) Anyway, looking at photographs from past Reykjavik marathons, I'm pretty confident that I'm NOT a hopeful. I could spend all day looking at pictures of finish lines. It's amazing how people look when they cross. The emotion, the pain, the exhilaration, the dropping to the knees, the hands reaching up to heaven, the tears, the laughter, the hugs and the high-fives. I wonder how I'll be? I'll probably just be yellin' for someone to throw me a donut!
For fun, if you have a little extra time on your hands, go to FutureMe and write a letter to yourself to be delivered in the future (like after the race!) Be sure to browse the public letters. They are so funny! It's amazing what people choose to remind their future selves of. Like what music they're listening to. What girl they're obsessed with. What goal they're putting off achieving. It's a clever idea for a website. My letter to older-jenny will be delivered in 2011. I wrote it on New Year's Eve, when I tend towards nostalgia the most.
Comments:
<< Home
I would be so honoured if you caught my finish line moment! You're an amazing photographer! :)
Thanks for your comment :)
Jenny
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment :)
Jenny
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

