Thursday, June 15, 2006
Physiotherapy restored my body AND my faith in doctors!!!
My new best friend (aka the physiotherapist) is awesome.
I walked in there with nothing but Big Attitude & a Chip on my Shoulder. He asked some good questions, while I wondered if he was OK....then he had me do a couple ridiculous exercises, which proved surprisingly worthwhile. He said I had a pre-exisiting slight upswing...uptilt?...up-something... in my hips and that it probably wouldn't have been noticeable with moderate activity but now that I'm running hard, it has become a problem.
So he fixed me up...I'm not in any pain. I could run right now, if I wasn't busy working (aka slacking off on blogger) tomorrow I go back to learn some techniques to compensate for this and make sure it doesn't get so bad again!
and yesterday's bad day got worse! EVERYTHING I touched overheated and burnt to a crisp including my very own computer. Smell of smoke through the house, burning wires. I basically had no choice but to go to bed early last night or do serious damage. If all goes well, I'll only have to take 2 days off running & I'll be back to normal on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I walked in there with nothing but Big Attitude & a Chip on my Shoulder. He asked some good questions, while I wondered if he was OK....then he had me do a couple ridiculous exercises, which proved surprisingly worthwhile. He said I had a pre-exisiting slight upswing...uptilt?...up-something... in my hips and that it probably wouldn't have been noticeable with moderate activity but now that I'm running hard, it has become a problem.
So he fixed me up...I'm not in any pain. I could run right now, if I wasn't busy working (aka slacking off on blogger) tomorrow I go back to learn some techniques to compensate for this and make sure it doesn't get so bad again!
and yesterday's bad day got worse! EVERYTHING I touched overheated and burnt to a crisp including my very own computer. Smell of smoke through the house, burning wires. I basically had no choice but to go to bed early last night or do serious damage. If all goes well, I'll only have to take 2 days off running & I'll be back to normal on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comments:
<< Home
Thanks, Julie!
My faith in physio can shrivel up to nothing without much provocation so I'm still going to bring a little attitude in today. it was rather magical though. I can see how it could get addictive though...cuz there's always something hurting somewhere. remember that book "if you give a mouse a cookie"? (she's gonna want some milk to go with it). Physio could be like this....so I hope it only goes well enough to get me up and running and not so well that I get euphoric and start signing over my paycheques.
Thanks for saying it wasn't a failure. I think you're right...it was more of an existing problem or so says the Physio.
I'm gonna look up compartment syndrome. Never heard of that one!
Post a Comment
My faith in physio can shrivel up to nothing without much provocation so I'm still going to bring a little attitude in today. it was rather magical though. I can see how it could get addictive though...cuz there's always something hurting somewhere. remember that book "if you give a mouse a cookie"? (she's gonna want some milk to go with it). Physio could be like this....so I hope it only goes well enough to get me up and running and not so well that I get euphoric and start signing over my paycheques.
Thanks for saying it wasn't a failure. I think you're right...it was more of an existing problem or so says the Physio.
I'm gonna look up compartment syndrome. Never heard of that one!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

