Wednesday, June 28, 2006

 

My own personal approach to training...

Will have to be creative from here on in.

I remembered that last year, when Dee & I were training for the Around the Bay Race, I couldn't easily run on consecutive days....I needed a full day off between runs to give my legs a rest. I think I'm going to go back to that approach since the Running Room schedule worked in one way (cardio) but not in the other way (leg strength/capability).

So just now I used the indoor bikes at the YMCA & rode for 20 kms and got as sweaty & worked out as hard as I would have on my outdoor run today. I also used the weights machines on my legs to try to build up some of the muscle I've lost.

It was nice to see all the old timers at the Y!!! I've missed them :)

Comments:
Thanks Julie!
I was hoping I was still a hopeful :)
Was glad to hear you managed the 29+ GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]