Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 

Leisure walk run, tried to make it fun...


Look how big they've grown!!! Make the swan pic as big as you can, there's a lot of detail in their faces. They had just raised their heads above the water. Sooo beautiful. They make my day whenever I see them.

I went out for my regularly scheduled 6 kms. I figured I should try. I brought my camera and some enthusiasm & a positive attitude. I walked for the first km, until I felt warmed up. My knee was really hurting. Physio didn't help at all yesterday, in fact, I'm pretty sure it was worse after the poking and prodding. Sigh. Anyway, so after a warm up km, I ran very slowly for 2.2 km. Then I walked the remaining distance to total 6.4 km.

I think I'm going to take it easy and switch to the 10 km for Iceland. I'm the only one putting pressure on myself. None of you would hold it against me, right? RIGHT?????

This is about adventure, fundraising for diabetes, meeting new people, having a focus to get over my break up in December...(which I am), none of which is dependent on whether I complete a marathon or a 10 km race. So there you have it. Unless I get really strong again over the next few weeks, I'm switching camps. I really don't want to do any permanent damage.

Charlie, an old guy who lives on my street, saw me trying to run and then stopping yesterday. He said "you forget about that marathon....if you run like that now, you won't have your knees when you're my..." (then he lost his train of thought).

Comments:
Thanks Julie!

It's too soon to tell, I guess. I'm just preparing for a possible let down but I'll keep doing therapy and attempting to run :)

Jenny
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]