Wednesday, June 14, 2006
A few days off...
Ever since I...
a) started hill training
b) got new running shoes
c) upped the mileage so much
...I've been having some unrelenting pain in my right leg joints which I've been alternating between denying and treating with advil and ice. So on the advice of our team-d trainer, I'm going to take a few runs off. Today and tomorrow, at the very least. I'm going to make a doctor's appointment and see if I can have my leg looked at. I think it's ligament pain but isn't pain hard to describe? and even hard to pinpoint? So I will walk shorter distances instead & try to get someone to look at me fast. Meanwhile...I'm really bummed out about it :(
I hope this doesn't make me less of "a hopeful".
The Verdict:
(after seeing a doctor) I have to take a rest from running (see above). And it would be good if I could see a physiotherapist. She basically told me what I knew going in. And I hate to be so negative, Ok...maybe I don't... but how much of a waste of time is it to hear what you knew going in. "See a professional" "Ummm...isn't that what I'm doing?" (I will regret doctor rant and delete this before anyone reads it). My last doctor rant was before blog days when Chloe was diagnosed as having a polyp. I asked the doctor a bunch of polyp questions and he said "I'm no expert polyp"..."ummm...don't you mean you're not a polyp expert?" I asked. He glared at me. I can hardly blame him. But shouldn't any doctor be able to answer my basic, non-medical background questions about a polyp? Like "what the hell is it?".
Anyway, I'm now going to stew in my failure. But first, my little RUNNING ROOM rant? Why does their left hand say "no increasing mileage by more than 10% in any given week to avoid injury" when their right hand is saying "Ok fools, let's go from 19 to 23 kms in one week and then up to 26 the following week". Even math-challenged Jenny can do that much math, and it is:
LEFT + RIGHT = CONTRADICTION
Grrrr rant off. I'm going to work. By car.
Further Update: My car overheated & the system is down at work. Suffice to say....THIS IS A BAD DAY. Rant on doctors, the running room, the rants I'm keeping to myself about automobiles & computers....all should be taken with a grain of salt. Please remember I'm a nice, and fun-loving person, always smiling and never miserable for long.
Tomorrow is another day!
a) started hill training
b) got new running shoes
c) upped the mileage so much
...I've been having some unrelenting pain in my right leg joints which I've been alternating between denying and treating with advil and ice. So on the advice of our team-d trainer, I'm going to take a few runs off. Today and tomorrow, at the very least. I'm going to make a doctor's appointment and see if I can have my leg looked at. I think it's ligament pain but isn't pain hard to describe? and even hard to pinpoint? So I will walk shorter distances instead & try to get someone to look at me fast. Meanwhile...I'm really bummed out about it :(
I hope this doesn't make me less of "a hopeful".
The Verdict:
(after seeing a doctor) I have to take a rest from running (see above). And it would be good if I could see a physiotherapist. She basically told me what I knew going in. And I hate to be so negative, Ok...maybe I don't... but how much of a waste of time is it to hear what you knew going in. "See a professional" "Ummm...isn't that what I'm doing?" (I will regret doctor rant and delete this before anyone reads it). My last doctor rant was before blog days when Chloe was diagnosed as having a polyp. I asked the doctor a bunch of polyp questions and he said "I'm no expert polyp"..."ummm...don't you mean you're not a polyp expert?" I asked. He glared at me. I can hardly blame him. But shouldn't any doctor be able to answer my basic, non-medical background questions about a polyp? Like "what the hell is it?".
Anyway, I'm now going to stew in my failure. But first, my little RUNNING ROOM rant? Why does their left hand say "no increasing mileage by more than 10% in any given week to avoid injury" when their right hand is saying "Ok fools, let's go from 19 to 23 kms in one week and then up to 26 the following week". Even math-challenged Jenny can do that much math, and it is:
LEFT + RIGHT = CONTRADICTION
Grrrr rant off. I'm going to work. By car.
Further Update: My car overheated & the system is down at work. Suffice to say....THIS IS A BAD DAY. Rant on doctors, the running room, the rants I'm keeping to myself about automobiles & computers....all should be taken with a grain of salt. Please remember I'm a nice, and fun-loving person, always smiling and never miserable for long.
Tomorrow is another day!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
