Friday, June 02, 2006
African Lion Safari!!! GO WILD!!!!



I zipped the kids through the Safari quickly. My neice Amy works there, we like to keep our eye on her! (19 year olds!!!, sheesh!!!)....we had more fun teasing the monkeys by making the antenna go up and down than any 3 people should. You would have had to wonder who the monkeys were to see us in action. One monkey jumped clear off the car in pure astonishment over the antenna hitting him in the shoulder. See the first monkey there? See that thing in his mouth??? That's a piece of my car! Hopefully not an important piece!
Also, there are 3 baby elephants there...and there was no one around. How tempting to jump the fence and introduce ourselves. We might have, but no one could remember how friendly they are towards strangely enthusiastic humans with cameras.
As for running...I have the odd ache and pain, which isn't surprising. Nothing alarming, nothing worth stopping over. I will get some ice packs though for after the long run on Sunday (23 kms, yikes).
What IS alarming, however, is the fact that these days I'm starting to feel so used to running that I don't know what to do with myself on the no-run days. This I find shocking. Also, when the aches hit, it hurts less to keep running than to stop. The solution to both is to just keep on running. Forever. Basket on my head and I can at least make a living at it (deliveries?).
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
