Tuesday, May 30, 2006

 

Six hot, smoggy, sticky-icky kms....





....and half way through, I saw a little crowd gathered on the bridge so I slowed to see what they were looking at and what I saw stopped me dead in my tracks.............

THE SWANS HAVE HATCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately and predictably, no camera. They are the cutest little off-white fluffballs I have ever seen and the mama & papa are such proud parents!!!! I don't know how anyone could call a baby swan an ugly duckling. They made my day!!!! Possibly my week :)

And now that I'm done fundraising, I feel a little better about spending on me. I got the 20% off coupon from Vector cereal (thx for the hint, Julie) and bought myself a brand spanking new pair of runners. Asics this time. They are very nice & the seller guy thought they'd probably get me to Iceland...a pair of shoes should give 500 miles apparently. yay!!!! My old ones were toast. Picture of Chloe in her princess get up & me in my half work/half running get up (modelling new shoes) :)

Tomorrow I'll try get a picture of the swanbabies!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]