Saturday, May 27, 2006

 

Hannah


Hi there! Today's the day!!! Fundraising will (hopefully) come to an end, as Music Night is upon us!!!!

Went for my run nice and early....a light 6 km in 40 minutes. Ran into a friend along the way, so I stopped for a few minutes. The new watch works GREAT....TOO great, in fact! I need to find tune the heart rate monitor...it kept beeping -- heart rate too fast -- beep beep -- heart rate too slow --- beep beep -- heart rate just right. Finally I yanked the thing off to disengage it.

And on the way out the door, I saw that some neighbours up the street were having a garage sale. I met a young woman named Hannah (pictured above) who was diagnosed with diabetes at just 9 years of age! I was happy to meet her, because other than my sister, I don't know a lot of diabetics. She's insulin dependent and as you can see from her picture, she looks great!!!! It's great to put a face to the disease that I'm running for!!!!

Hannah, I'm honoured to be running this race for you & other Canadian diabetics. It's a great idea of the Canadian Diabetes Association....a wonderful way to combine an adventurous spirit with a giving heart. I'll think of you when I'm running the marathon!!! :)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]