Sunday, May 28, 2006

 

A big thank you for a great night!!!!












To all the people who came out last night, THANK YOU!!! First, we had an awesome evening. The first warm night of the season.

The lighting wasn't best, or I need a lesson on using my camera. But I'm sure Rich will have better pictures from the night.

Thank you Rob, Brian, Ken, Jim -- THE BAND. You guys were amazing!!!
Thank you Vera & Jan -- for the door help. For sure, less money would have been raised without your sharp eyes!
Thank you Linda -- for selling tickets with me! That was just fun!
Thank you Rich -- for excellent sound work & for your performance at the end of the night (my camera had run out of batteries by then :( but your songs were unforgettable!
Thank you Alicia -- you sounded great! You're the next Canadian Idol, in my mind...
Thank you Jim -- for being entertaining all around!
Thank you Jack -- for being the shopping network assistant at the prize table.
Thank you to McGibbon's for a very cozy room at JUST the right price!!!!!

Speaking of "price".....the grand total raised from the event is $1610!!!!!!!!!!! This means I've met my minimum fundraising obligation and 2 months early! So now I can stop obsessing about fundraising and start obsessing about training for the marathon!!!!

At one point in the evening, I looked around and thought to myself "wow, I know this many people...." and then I remembered "wait, I don't know three quarters of these people!" So to all the people who don't even know me, but were willing to support this cause......you have my heartfelt gratitude.

...and the grand finale thank you goes to Rob...for having the idea to have this night out in the first place, for continued support in every possible way for the last 14 years. I am one lucky girl (and I know it).

Comments:
Hey Jenny, nice blog! Love the picture of Chloe and of course you in your new running shoes. Asics saved my life a few years ago when I could barely walk from foot problems. Enjoy them! Had fun seeing you on Saturday and selling tickets with you too. I'm really happy that you were so successful in your fundraising. Looking forward to the Iceland pictures now.
see you soon I hope
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]