Thursday, May 11, 2006
8 kms, with 2 walk breaks.
Got home from work after 5 and set out for the 8 km run. The GPS thing wouldn't work because of the clouds. So I was just running along, letting my thoughts wander to faraway places, when Kristina caught up with me! What a pleasant surprise!!!!
I ran a little faster than I normally do for a few kms...while I'm sure she was running significantly slower :) I think we ran together for about 3-4 kms and I started wanting to take walk breaks. She was so great about slowing down and going geriatric for me...but I insisted (huff, puff) that she carry on running. Once she was out of sight, I meandered along at my normal slow pace and finished the 8 km in 49 minutes....(not bad, considering I got the first stitch I've had in eons & I wanted to cry at one point it was starting to hurt..I don't think I like afternoon or evening runs. I'm a morning person, always have been).
It was great to talk to Kristina. She's a great runner (boston maraton potential) and a really fun person. This is a great reminder of a big part of what this marathon adventure is all about...TEAM SPIRIT!!! :)
Life is good (as my t-shirt reads)....really good!!!!
I ran a little faster than I normally do for a few kms...while I'm sure she was running significantly slower :) I think we ran together for about 3-4 kms and I started wanting to take walk breaks. She was so great about slowing down and going geriatric for me...but I insisted (huff, puff) that she carry on running. Once she was out of sight, I meandered along at my normal slow pace and finished the 8 km in 49 minutes....(not bad, considering I got the first stitch I've had in eons & I wanted to cry at one point it was starting to hurt..I don't think I like afternoon or evening runs. I'm a morning person, always have been).
It was great to talk to Kristina. She's a great runner (boston maraton potential) and a really fun person. This is a great reminder of a big part of what this marathon adventure is all about...TEAM SPIRIT!!! :)
Life is good (as my t-shirt reads)....really good!!!!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
