Wednesday, May 17, 2006

 

10 km in 60:20

Tonight the local team members are meeting, just for fun & frivolity :)

I have a roomie for Iceland now (thx Julie!). Phew. Was starting to get the last-picked jitters.

I just ran my 10 km in 60 minutes & 20 seconds. I really tried to break the one hour barrier but I just didn't quite have it in me. Maybe next week! It's warm and sunny out there today, which I'm starting to hate. I don't know if it's my british blood (thrives cool & damp) or that running is harder when it's hot (more likely) but I'm starting to prefer yucky weather days.

I threw on my new fanny pack, rigged up with my camera...my ID...a little pocket money...and my bottle of water. I think I took 5 steps from the car when I thought "NOOOOO WAY" and dramatically yanked the thing off & threw it back in the car. Was hardly gonna manage that thing bouncing along on my waist for 10 kms! I don't know why I bought it. I probably have to get used to it though because I will need to drink on my long runs. Unless I can count on friends agreeing to be strategically placed along the route, holding bottles of water??? C'mon guys...what else are you doing on Sunday mornings? You can be part of a miracle!!! (me getting across the finish line in August being the miracle)...

And I'm starting to hear about people (like friendly library patrons!) who look at my blog and come into the branch and comment on my entries! (Hi Fran & Gavon!!!!). Thank you! I appreciate it! I also appreciate all the fine overpayments you guys have given me towards my fundraising! That all added up!!! :) :)

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]