Sunday, April 23, 2006

 

Singing in the rain...what a glorious feeling

Running in the rain, not such a glorious feeling. But since the rain didn't seem to be letting up, I thought I'd just do it. Glad I did!

I am following a marathon plan from a book I borrowed from a friend called "Running start to finish" by John Stanton. This will have to do until proper training clinic starts up (should have started last week...but i'm not being impatient). It says to run 10 minutes, walk 1 minute on slow, long run days so that's what I did. I have always run straight through until damn near dying so this interval thing was a refreshing change. Plus I'm running with my dog, Mini, so it was good to give her the odd break while she's adapting (not that she seems to be finding it too challenging as she trots along not even panting...should I be jealous of my dog?). So today was 10 km in the pouring rain with a few other devoted runners along the trail all with better rain gear than I have (again with the jealousy). But I'm all rugged and tough, so there! Hat? Phffft!

Off topic...the household animal count hits all time high....we now have:

2 cats.....CC and Fat Ginger
3 dogs....Oreo (babysitting him for a week) and Mini & Maya (my doggies, pictured below)
1 hamster (named "Caramel" purchased today at Petsmart...to replace the one we found dead in its cage on Thursday which, sadly, we were over by Friday morning).
2 fish (whose names escape me)

Back on topic: now accepting applications for animal babysitter for 5 days in August while I'm running in Iceland.

Comments:
Hey!
Yah, it would be fun to meet up. Let me know the details and I'll try to make it.
I just logged in to the running room! I had no idea. Thank you!!! :)
Jenny
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]