Thursday, April 27, 2006
Busy day!
I don't know how I'm going to manage running on Thursdays. Maybe I'll rework the schedule. After work, I managed to get a nice 6 km run in. I ran around the city streets rather than going to my usual waterfront trail run. I like to break it up. Wouldn't want to get bored!
Work was busy today!!! Chloe (7 ys old) came with me and helped check books out to people. She was better than some grown ups I've worked with. All the kids in there were asking if she was my daughter. They seemed freaked out, like they were surprised I had a life outside the library. Eventually we'll have holographic public servants who will cease to exist after closing. Then our inability to accept that teachers & librarians have outside lives will finally be justified.
Benny mentioned a kid he hadn't played with in over a year & we were trying to figure out his last name so we could look up his phone number when (i'm not kidding) the phone rang & it was this kid!!! I bet Benny'll never forget today as long as he lives. What are the chances???
Jenny
Work was busy today!!! Chloe (7 ys old) came with me and helped check books out to people. She was better than some grown ups I've worked with. All the kids in there were asking if she was my daughter. They seemed freaked out, like they were surprised I had a life outside the library. Eventually we'll have holographic public servants who will cease to exist after closing. Then our inability to accept that teachers & librarians have outside lives will finally be justified.
Benny mentioned a kid he hadn't played with in over a year & we were trying to figure out his last name so we could look up his phone number when (i'm not kidding) the phone rang & it was this kid!!! I bet Benny'll never forget today as long as he lives. What are the chances???
Jenny
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
