Wednesday, April 26, 2006

 

10 km in 65 minutes

I did another 10 km just now. It was perfect out there. Cool & sunny...just how I hope Iceland weather will be on the day of the race. I hope that training in humid hamilton will toughen me up and make the icelandic air feel like I'm floating through the marathon. One can hope.

I did the 10 and 1 run/walk interval again. This time I didn't concentrate on going slowly like I did on Sunday so my overall time was much better. This is how I'm interpreting the program. I guess it can't hurt.

Last night I stepped on a dog... jerked backwards, fell over a baby gate, landed on a coffee table, broke a lamp, managing to hurt the palm of my right hand, the elbow on my left arm, my rear end and my back in the process. Everyone came running to see if I was OK...except the dog who I originally tripped over. No sign of her for a good hour.

So I was hoping that today's run would feel OK after all that and it did!! I must not have hurt anything important to running.

Now I'm off to hear Chloe recite a poem that she wrote. Both kids seem to be following in their Papa Dave's footsteps.

Until tomorrow.... :)
PS. The hamster is a dud. It dives into its tunnel (where we can't reach it) everytime we walk anywhere near it. I'm taking it back and trading it in for one without a grudge against humans.
PSS. Chloe did a great job at her poetry reading. She started the festivities, introduced the class, offered refreshments & then recited her poem. I was very proud.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]